Nathan Clarke Photography is committed to protecting the personal data and privacy of our users, website visitors, clients and their customers. This policy has been updated as of May 25th 2018, in line with GDPR (General Data Protection Régulation) to set out exactly how I use your personal data, how it is collected, how it is held, and how it is proccessed. It also explains your rights under GDPR law relating to your personal data. If after reading this policy there is anything at all you don’t understand or if you have any questions at all, feel free to email or call me, Nathan Clarke, as data controller, using the contact details below:-
Nathan Clarke Photography
1. What is Personal Data?
Personal data is, in the simplest terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name, contact details and your photograph, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
2. How we collect or obtain information about you:
- When you fill in the contact form on the website
- Add a comment to Blog
- Contact me
- via email
- Or in Person
3. What Personal Data do we collect?
a) Using our website “contact” form
If you enquire about my services or anything else at all via our website contact form the details you enter :- Your name, Your email address, Subject and the information you provide in the message box, will only be stored and used to respond to your specific enquiry unless you specifically consent to being contacted again in the future.
b) Leaving comments on the Blog page
If you check out any of the pictures or words on my website blog’s page, and are inspired to leave a comment, any comments posted will be displayed on the website below the blog, along with with the name you enter when posting your comment.
c) About our clients
The sort of information wIstore about my clients can include :- Client name, email, phone number, shoot details, client Business address, images. This data is stored and duplicated on password protected hard drives .
ii) Managing cookies
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept and to delete cookies if you did choose to. The methods for doing so vary for each browser and version. If you don’t know how to change the cookie settings on your browser you should be able to find out how to do it with a quick search online. However blocking all cookies may have a negative impact upon the usability of some features of this website.
4. How do we use your information:
Under GDPR, I must always have a lawful basis for using your personal data. Whether its responding to your email or telephone enquiries, planning and setting up your shoot, sending the pictures or the final invoice at the end. We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected and we will never: sell, distribute or lease your personal information to any third party.
5. Who do we share your data with?
The only times we would share your data would be :-
- to my insurers and/or professional advisers as far as is reasonably necessary for the purposes of obtaining or maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks, obtaining professional advice, or the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
- I may disclose your contact details to our third party suppliers or subcontractors as far as is reasonably necessary for providing our photography services to you.
These third party service providers include:-
Squarespace who host this website - any data on this website is stored through Squarespace’s data storage, databases in the USA. However Squarespace are committed to ensuring the protection of any client data hosted/stored on the servers in line with GDPR. You can check out their Privacy Statement and Terms of service here :
Wetransfer For delivering images to clients I use wetransfer as this is the most efficient and quickest way to get the pictures to clients after a shoot. You can check out what Wetransfer do to protect customer data (your images) and how they ensure they are fully GDPR compliant here :
6. How long do we retain your information
I will not keep your personal data for any longer than necessary, taking into account any legal obligations we have (e.g. to maintain records for tax purposes we are required to keep financial data for a minimum of 6 years), any other legal basis we have for using your information. However any images will be stored securely on password protected hard drives for the life of the hard drives. As a photographer these images are archived and stored as a legitimate interest to my photography business. Also whilst the client is fully responsible for their images and their storage once delivered after any shoot, the archived images can also be invaluable in the rare care a client happens to lose their pictures in the future!
7. Your rights in relation to your information
There are several rights an individual may exercise under the GDPR, including:
· To access your information and to receive information about its use
· To have your information corrected and/or completed
· To have your information deleted
· To restrict the use of your information
· To receive your information in a portable format
· To object to the use of your information
· To withdraw your consent to the use of your information
8. Your rights to access and control of your personal data
You may roquets a copy of your personal data we hold in an electronic format. I will respond to your request within one month by providing the data in electronic format. If you find any inaccuracies, I will delete or correct it promptly.
Please contact us:
• If you would like details of the personal information which I hold about you
• If you believe that any information I am holding on you is incorrect or incomplete
• If you would like the personal information which we hold about you deleted
If you choose to do this, please either email firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 07877452802
10. Our details
1) Via the website contact form
2) Email Nathan@nathanclarkephotography.co.uk
3) Phone +447877452802